C19: The Nineteenth Century Index is the largest finding aid and linking tool for 19th century research materials. Still growing, it currently brings together almost 18 million citations from 12 different databases, covering 6 content areas:
- Books: Nineteenth-century Short Title Catalogue (NSTC), The Nineteenth Century Microfiche Project
- Periodicals: American Periodicals Series, Periodicals Index Online/Periodicals Archive Online, Poole's Index to Periodical Literature, The Wellesley Index to Victorian Periodicals, and the new British Periodicals database.
- Official Publications: House of Commons Parliamentary Papers, U.S. Congressional Serial Set
- Archives: Archive Finder
- Newspapers: Palmer's Index to the Times
- Reference: Dictionary of Nineteenth-Century Journalism
Links to full text are available to customers with access to standalone databases (American Periodicals Series, Periodicals Archive Online, House of Commons Parliamentary Papers, Palmer's Full text Online). JSTOR customers can also access full text using links within Periodicals Index Online records. Wellesley Index records link to full text in Periodicals Archive Online.
Users can search all indexes at once for every page within C19 Index, or conduct more specific research within an individual database.